8 Ways To Use Entertainment To Help Boost Your Company’s Business
Successful companies today must do far mo re than manufacture, sell, and provide services. They must also, in many cases, be instructors, motivators, and entertainers, reflecting the changing conditions of the society in which we live. Here are 8 entertainment ideas that could help boost your Company’s corporate image, morale, and bottom line:
1. Have An Open House
This is an effective way to put you and your staff together with your suppliers, clients, and customers. It can be as formal or informal as you wish, but the main goal of bringing together people who share common goals and interests in a fun social setting will be realised. Here are some ideas that can turn your Open House into memorable event:
- Engage live Taylor Made music for a few hours on a weekday afternoon or evening. This could range from a solo performer to a duo, trio, or larger band.
- Choose a theme for your event with musi c to establish the atmosphere Caribbean ( Sunny Days Calypso Band ), Mardi Gras ( Taylor Made Dixie ), Western ( Taylor Made Country ), Mariachi ( South of the Border ), or Oktoberfest any time of year! (The Beer Barrel Band ). Other successful themes may include a Paris street with French music and busker style performers, Italian, Hawaiian, “Down East”/Celtic, and so on.
- Get your staff and guests involved by a dding inexpensive décor and costuming items such as hats, pennants, posters, fluorescent name tags, etc. Taylor Made can help with these items and can also supply commercial décor items including props, foliage, ice sculpture, and centrepieces if you wish.
- Add any additional entertainment to make your event special. Taylor Made can supply amazing close-up Magicians, costumed Jugglers, Stilt Walkers, Mimes, Clowns, Human Statues, Celebrity Look-alikes , and other specialty performers.
- Have your caterer custom design the food to compliment your theme (don¹t have a caterer? You guessed it Taylor Made can arrange one or put you in touch with the best!) Many caterers will also dress their staff in themed costuming for events.
- Top it off with a great “service oriented” door prize that only you can offer, and a give- away bag featuring creative items or discount coupons. The result is a unique, fun theme for an Open House that draws interest, entertains and inspires.
2. Let¹s Do Lunch
A fun, exciting program presented to your people over lunch can be a great way to excite, educate and stimulate. It’s a simple concept – merge an “informative presentation” with live Taylor Made Music for that special ambience (just the right volume I promise!) while you have your lunch. Next, add a featured speaker to provide focus and interest, with a program to accommodate your company¹s image and format. As an alternative to a speaking presentation you can al so explore a more entertainment oriented option. Many professional entertainers now of fer special presentations that are perfect for this type of situation, having built a detailed message into their performance, and many will customize the show to fit your organization. The result can be a more “fun event” that will appeal to a wider target audience, while having a stimulating effect and positive business benefits. Here¹s an example: A performer I know ha s a knockout team building activity involving 20 to 50 or more guests siting on chairs in a semi circle. Each member is given one of dozens of hand crafted conga or bongo style drums from all over world. In a very short time and with almost no spoken instruction, the group is performing the most stimulating and complex rhythmic music you can imagine each of them amazed at how easy it is individually to produce such a remarkable ensemble result. The message is loud and clear, and, as always, Taylor Made can make the arrangements!
3. Client Appreciation Day
As with the open house, a themed event can a dd real sparkle and s how your clients that you really do appreciate their business and friendship. How about an outdoor barbecue with a calypso theme and live Caribbean steel drum music, or with a Country theme and toe tappin¹ fiddle music? Just look at all of the thematic choices Taylor Made Music has to offer, from dress down to Black Tie, and pick one or make up your own.
4. Picnic/Family Day
Music, clowns, face painting, games, pony and stagecoach rides, stilt walkers, jugglers, novelty acts, and feature show performers can all turn your family picnic day into a memorable event, and Taylor Made will help every step of the way.
5. Christmas/Seasonal Party
Let Tommy Tee and his musical friends put life, fun, and laughter into this special day. Tom has a special show which builds up to the children singing in Santa for his visit, and can provide walk around mu sic from beginning to end.
6. Awards Evenings
Live music adds the sophistication and pan ache needed at these important events. Can you imagine the Academy Awards with no music? You¹ll want some music at the pre-dinner reception a Classical or Jazz gr oup, perhaps. During dinner, the music of Quattro Voce , the ultimate that Taylor Made has to offer in beautiful instrumental listening. During awards presentations, the group plays “s tings” for the recipients¹ entrance to and exit from the stage. Special theme music can also be arranged for your awards night. Planning on a dance afterwards? We¹ll add a couple of musicians to the group including a feature female vocalist, and we¹re on our way!
7. Trade Shows
Live music at a trade show, as with so many other product presentation and sales events, really puts people in a communicative frame of mind. W ith dozens of Trade Show appearances over the years, Tom and his Taylor Made musicians know how to add fun & atmosphere without being intrusive or interrupting business.
You may plan to have your event on the company premises, (and that¹s fine!) or you may want a different location. Taylor Made has performed in virtually every venue in the GTA and beyond, and Tom can help you find one that¹s just right for your function. How about a boat cruise in Toronto harbour or Muskoka for your client appreciation day? Many public attractions have pr ivate sites for rent, such as the Toronto Zoo and Black Creek Pioneer Village. Your Black Tie even t can be additionally impressive by being held at the Royal Ontario Museum , The Ar t Gallery of Ontario, The Elgin Theatre, or any one of many locations in which Taylor Made regularly performs. Tom Taylor can help you with suggestions and set up for any venue.
What else is available? Too much to cover in this article!
Call (905) 855-0839 to discuss your ideas
– I¹d be delighted to hear from you.